Monday, June 15, 2009

What Do One Of My Meals Look Like?

Lately I've been receiving a lot of interest in my diet. I follow the Paleo or Primal diet, with a few differences from Canon.

While 90% of my food consists of strict meat, vegetables, fruits, and nuts, I do allow myself to eat peanuts and soy products, and while I avoid milk, I have no problem with cheese.

I'm lucky in the sense that my palate accepts a wide variety of foods and I find things that others would consider gross pretty delicious.

Today's dinner was a tin of sardines, some spinach cooked in olive oil, an assortment of olives, and some beets. I think this type of thing is delicious! I have my protein, my healthy fats, and the carbohydrates from vegetable sources. You can clearly see that the proportions are much different from a regular Western diet. Instead of heavy on the carbs, I'm heavy on healthy fats and protein.


I cook with olive and canola oil mostly, and I try to eat a variety of vegetables and meats throughout the day. I usually snack on nuts and beef jerky, and I do eat fruit but try not to eat too much of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment