Enter the Primal Pancake!
- 2 Organic free-range eggs
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Organic Apple Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Organic Nut Butter (anything other than Peanut...I used Sunflower)
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
Alongside the pan with the cakes, I was cooking up some nitrate-free bacon in a second pan with some butter. Once everything was ready, I scattered some blackberries and a SMALL amount of 100% pure maple syrup on the pancakes and had at them.
- Tasty, but you can really taste the sunflower butter
- The consistancy was not quite as firm as regular pancakes. It was a bit mushy
- I regret throwing out the burnt ones, because the more burnt ones were delightfully crispy and didn't taste bad
- I'm not 100% sure how well these would pass the "Kid Test." I have no children yet besides my dog, but I'm almost certain he'd gobble the whole plate down given half a chance.
- I"m not really sure I'll be rushing off to make this again in the near future. The total cost was fairly steep when you consider the sheer volume of nut butter! But it was tasty, fun, and its always good to have options.
For more on this recipe and for many others, check out the excellent site: www.performancemenu.com